Biz Journal Covers Short Sales and Foreclosure Ammunition
On the brink of the relieving statistics about South Florida home sales, we are pleased to share with you the recent news of how Oppenheim Pilelsky P.A. continues to help local residents fend off foreclosure. As we have discussed before, there are several options available when facing foreclosure including: short sales, mortgage modification, deed-in-lieu, and bankruptcy.
This week’s South Florida Business Journal included an article by Brian Bandell on one of Oppenheim Pilelsky P.A.’s foreclosure cases that concluded with a short sale. Roy Oppenheim is quoted as the expert source in the article. Oppenheim suggests that in some cases of Florida foreclosure the mortgage note is nowhere to be found. A lost mortgage note will open doors to fight against the foreclosure and provide the homeowner with various options.
Roy Oppenheim will be hosting a FREE Real Estate Bail Out Workshop next Thursday, April 2, 2009 from 6:00 to 7:00 PM. Topics include:
- Florida mortgage modifications, refinancing, and short sales and who qualifies for which option.
- When deed-in-lieu is the best choice
- When bankruptcy is the only and best option
- How to negotiate with the bank and avoid deficiency judgments
- Understanding homeowner legal rights in the foreclosure process
- Common errors Florida banks are making that could stop foreclosure
For more information on how we can help with your Florida foreclosure defense needs or to obtain a full copy of the SFBJ article please leave your request in the comments section of the blog.